- ENACOM issued Resolution 1134/2023 on August 18th, 2023, which expanded the spectrum allotment for radars.
- ENACOM issued Resolution 1134/2023 in order to design a new testing standard for level probing radars (LPR) and tank level probing radars (TLPR) operating in the 76-81GHz range.
- Level Probing Radars (Radares de Detección de Nivel) operating at 76 – 81 GHz are now legal to operate in Argentina without a special authorisation.
- Key Points:
- Level probing radars are permitted in the 76-81 GHz band.
- 1. Average: -3 dBm in 1 MHz
- 2. Peak: +34 dBm in 50 MHz
Max Equivalent Electric Field Intensity allowed:
- 1. Average: 92,26 dBμV/m @ 3m. RBW: 1 MHz
- 2. Peak: 129, 26 dBμV/m @ 3m. RBW: 50 MHz
- The date of enforcement is August 18th, 2023.
- Foreign reports are accepted as long as they adhere to the technical norm ENACOM-Q2-64.02 V22.1.
- DoC from ENACOM is required. It must include the following items:
- Name and address of the manufacturer or importer in Argentina
- Product description (such as brand, model)
- Declaration of conformity to ENACOM-Q2-64.02 V22.1 standard
- Identification of the signatory (name, surname, and position)