C-PRAV critical update to inform you on the upcoming NCCS (National Center for Communication Security) regulations in addition to the current MTCTE for the telecom products.
As per the current notification by TEC start the acceptance of applications on the MTCTE portal for the communication security compliance from July 1, 2023.
“The OEMs who have been given MTCTE certificate (based on ERs) or whose applications are under process for the prescribed products before 1st July 2023 are also required to mandatorily apply for conversion of their MTCTE certificate to integrated certificate with Security Testing”
The products that are regulated for Security in this first phase are:
- Wi-Fi CPEs – All Wi-Fi CPEs and PON ONT/similar Equipment that are currently being subjected to MTCTE.
- IP Routers – All Routers
The products are subjected to the communication security standard called ITSAR (Indian Telecom Security Assurance Requirements).
C-PRAV team has been actively working on the various ITSAR Industry consultations. We would be more than happy to help you with these communication security requirements.
Key Points to Note:
- Lab availability for conformance testing is coming up in next few months.
- In country testing is mandatory.
- The testing time is about 8 to 10 weeks. This is in addition to the lead time for lab slots, sample shipments etc.
- The testing includes vulnerability scanner, code analysis, fuzzing etc., These tests are purely Software Testing.
As encouraged by the Regulator NCCS also, we strongly suggest you start the process by a pre-test to address any concern for your products compliance.
C-PRAV can manage the overall pretesting and later final compliance testing and NCCS/MTCTE Certification.
Once the product complies the pretesting now, compliance testing can be very smooth. This is the best value service to ensure you are well covered for Comms Security timely compliance of your products.